Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Emergency Dry Cleaning in 3 Minutes

My association president gave me a travel-sized tube of something called "Janie Dry Stick." It's for grease and oil stains. I carried it around in my purse for 6 months, unused. Then got a grease stain on beige pants on my way to a meeting - and somehow remembered it.
From one end of the "Janie" tube you get a chalky powder to rub into the stain. Wait 3 minutes. Then use the brush on the other end of the tube to brush off the powder. I didn't expect it to work, and it absolutely did. My pants still needed to be dry cleaned but I doubt anyone in the meeting could tell there had been a stain ... except for the detail that I did have to announce "Janie" and have them all weigh in on the miracle.

At a meeting today, the Janie powder removed an oil stain on my suit. Cost: $5.44 on Amazon.

Another detail: The Janie Dry Stick was personalized with a company name and phone number on the side. So it can be a personalized give-away or gift ... hmmm ... Happy Holidays from Cindy ...

No comments: