A few more random travel tips:
1. If you carry a digital camera or a cell phone camera - take a picture of the sign nearest your car in a parking garage; the nearest street sign/building where you park your car; or your hotel room number. Then you can refer to your camera/phone if you can't find your car/room later.
2. Those pill organizers can organize more than pills - especially if airtight. Such as moisturizer.
3. These life/travel tips from a survivor of the "Miracle on the Hudson" flight (his experiences as posted on a listserv) - [emphasis mine]
"For now I have 4 lessons I would like to share:
1. Cherish your families as never before and go to great lengths to keep your promises.
2. Be thankful and grateful for everything you have and don't worry about the things you don't have.
3. Keep in shape. You never know when you'll be called upon to save your own life, or help someone else save theirs.
4. When you fly, wear practical clothing. You never know when you'll end up in an emergency or on an icy wing in flip flops and pajamas and of absolutely no use to yourself or anyone else."
I think high heels can be as impractical in emergencies as flip flops too ....