Tuesday, March 4, 2008

6 Answers for those with no time to volunteer

A panel of future national leaders was asked what they would say to a member who says they don't have time to volunteer. Here's the range of answers:

1. I don't have the time either - and then explain finding balance and time. The busiest people can be the best volunteers.
2. What would you have time for - try to narrow the ask if other options with less commitment. Or they may do community service or golf tournament.
3. It will only take you a few minutes to write a check to our PAC - some will give money if won't give time.
4. Let me tell you the business success I've had as a result of volunteering - and give examples.
5. Don't think of it as a burden, think of what professional opportunities and friendships you may miss.

6. I'm not going to give up, I know you'll be a great volunteer. Sometimes no could mean ask me again later.

No comments: