Friday, March 6, 2009

Back to basics

A comment that keeps coming up in the industry that I work with is the need to get "back to basics". Everyone needs to practice the basics, get back to the basics, re-learn the basics, etc.

So I was fascinated that this month's "Horizons" column in the ASAE Magazine "Associations Now" features an article entitled "Fundamentals for Tough Times" (by Ronnie Wilkins, CAE).

Includes these:
1. Be a good person.
2. Show up.
3. Work hard.
4. Don't quit.

For example, under work hard he writes, "However, I have not yet found a task I could not master through intense and protracted effort." I've found the same thing.

Ronnie is right. Tough times means getting back to the basics. For our members, and for us.

1 comment:

Lisa Junker said...

Thank you for linking to Ronnie's article, Cindy! I thought he had some great insights to share--I personally found his simple rules to be really inspiring. I'm glad that you did too!