Sunday, February 10, 2008

Regardless of the outcome ...

Early in my career I flew to New Jersey because an association was having a really controversial discussion that was going to be happening at my own association too. Wanted to watch and learn so I'd be ready. My counterpart sat and listened to a hugely heated debate without an ounce of apparent anxiety and I wondered how he did that.

As years go by, with the continous changes, issues, controversies, and questions, there is much more calm acceptance in just dealing with and managing whatever the next big issue happens to be. Not as much anxiety.

While watching "60 Minutes" tonight, Sen. Hillary Clinton's interview ends with this quote: "You know, I have a very clear sense that this is gonna work out the way it's supposed to work out. And I'm happy with that. Maybe it's because I'm a little older, I'm not so, you know, panting and anxious and all of that."

Exactly.

No comments: