James Taylor (pic) shook one of my fingers at conference concert tonight. Yes, that close to stage, and apparently now one of those people who stick hands out when celebrity reaches down from stage. A favorite lyric among many great songs: "Shower the people you love with love ... show them the way that you feel." Applies to colleagues too -- they can be great friends.
Renowned author Doris Kearns Goodwin gave talk earlier today with these leadership lessons from studying President Lincoln.
10 skills that make great leader:
1. Listens to different points of view.
2. Ability to learn on the job.
3. Willingness to share credit.
4. Willingness to shoulder blame.
5. Awareness of weaknesses.
6. Control of emotions.
7. Ability to relax - get ready for tomorrow.
8. Great instincts in a crisis.
9. Ability to stick to long-term goals, even when going gets unpopular.
10. Ability to communicate goals.
NOTE to REALTOR AEs: Here's my Report from Wednesday at NAR.